Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Morning Work for the Whole Year

I've created morning work for my first grade classroom and I must say I LOVE it. I like the students to have something waiting for them on their desks when they walk in, so that I can finish all my morning business (take attendance, lunch count, help with backpacks, talk with a parents, tell my parent helpers what they need to do). I would search each morning and would think "What should I have them practice today? Did I do this worksheet yet?" Now I have my morning work organized...It works on BOTH language arts and math. Skills build on one another. It took a few hundred hours (that's embarrassing to admit, but true), but now I have something completely productive for my students to do and I am confident they are receiving great reinforcement.

Below I have some highlights of the first bundle, Weeks 1 - 12. You can also download a couple sample pages to try and see how it works for you. They are samples from weeks 1 and 20, so I'm not sure if that fits the skills you are working on, but you can get an idea of what's included.
See the first twelve weeks in my store.
This is the first week of the first grade morning work. Click the link below.
Grab this first grade freebie.
Grab this second grade freebie.




No comments:

Post a Comment