Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Classroom Garden

I was at Home Depot and found these colorful tomato cages. I thought they would be perfect in our classroom garden. We put them in along with our tomato plants. It just adds a little bit more fun, rather than using the silver cages I have in my home garden. I suppose it would be easy to spray paint the silver cages as well.
We also added a few critters to our garden. When my family moved into our home 5 years ago, there was a ton of river rocks throughout the backyard. We made a lot of changes, but I just couldn't get rid of these rocks. I have quite a few buckets stored in my garage and every year, I take out 30ish for my students. We painted them and I had them place them next to their plant in the garden. It adds a little bit more fun, but also reminds the kids what plant they are in charge of watering and weeding around.

No comments:

Post a Comment